- Fills and labels medication orders.
- Prepares parenteral medications, including chemotherapy.
- Prepackages tablets, capsules, liquids and other medications needed for unit dose administration.
- Maintains pharmacy records with proper documentation.
- Delivers medications from the pharmacy to nursing stations and/or appropriate hospital departments.
- Participates in inventory control by assisting with ordering and receiving pharmaceuticals.
- Inspects designated nursing and pharmacy areas for expired drugs.
- Restocks and maintains immediate work area.
Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) credential required or exempt from certification if student currently enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy.
High School diploma or equivalent