OptioRx is a national chain pharmacy focused on providing best-in-class patient care in niche therapeutic areas including compounded custom medications for humans and animals, fertility, home-infusion, hospice and digital pharmacy services. We are a national provider with multi-state operations serving 48 states and Washington D.C., headquartered in Oak brook, Illinois.
At OptioRx we value team members with a committed confidence that supports our Core Values. Empowered – put trust in our people and empower them to succeed. Innovative – offer innovative solutions that target growth and scale of OptioRx on a national stage. Efficient – drive efficiency by creating economies of scale and expertise. Accountable – own our commitments and quality of our work, while holding ourselves accountable to drive real results. Ethical – ensure unwavering integrity and business ethics. Energy – move fast with a sense of urgency and honest communication.
The Director of Program Development is an essential operational role that will lead and manage the program development function at OptioRx. This position includes collaboration in and assisting to develop strategies with a focus on identifying therapeutic opportunities in line with OptioRx’s line of businesses. This individual will connect and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders, including technology, sales and marketing, operations, clinical, implementation and training. This position is the operations expert connecting the various departments to develop and launch programs at OptioRx.
- Leads program development for various current lines of national pharmacy business including compounding (both human and animal), specialized retail (i.e., dermatology, gastroenterology, neurology, etc.) and hospice.
- Provides guidance on new and potential national markets based on knowledge of trending therapeutic categories and new products. Acts as internal expert on the pharmacy industry, advising and educating on internal initiatives and business development opportunities.
- Drive new strategy development for existing and new business lines / offerings/ growth initiatives.
- Lead all aspects of program development and project management of the program until inception. This includes leading program development meetings, providing Executive team updates on the development of a program, collaborates directly with all departments involved, prepare for implementation and go-live activities.
- Liaises with internal departments, including Divisional Managers, General Managers, Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Finance and other departments, to ensure the best execution of programs.
- Lead the creation of all phases of a business case (e.g., market analysis, value proposition, strategic fit, economic models, and launch) to support a new initiative.
- Completes periodic business reviews for corporate and pharmacies. Leads the discussion on program execution that would lead to increased penetration of markets.
- Monitors pharmacies and looks for issues affecting the adoption or sustainability of pharmacy programs.
- Attend relevant tradeshows and conferences, serving both as a promoter of OptioRx’s value to clients, providers, and manufacturers, as well as an ambassador of our mission and values.
- Manage a small team including Clinical Pharmacist, Trainer, and Implementation Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, healthcare, or technology; Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) preferred with 3-5 years of relevant experience with project management, clinical programs or program launches.
- Strong communication / presentation skills
- Robust analytical / problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership and experience developing and implementing pharmacy programs.
- Ability to work independently. Must be goal-oriented, positive, a self-starter.
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to speak persuasively and maintain and build positive relationships.
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder group.
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and strong personal initiative
- Ability to manage competing priorities and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to distill complex information in a simple, organized manner.
- High level of personal accountability and ability to work independently.