Overview: A rewarding leadership opportunity awaits the new Chief Operating Officer of a forward looking and rapidly growing Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) system that serves Northwest Indiana through a network of 13 clinics and specialty programs in 7 communities. HealthLinc seeks an innovative healthcare professional to join its dynamic leadership team to oversee its overall operations management of all health center sites, while working closely with the HealthLinc Senior Team, the Assistant Operating Officer and Site Operations Directors. This COO will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
With a current budget of $60M+, HealthLinc (www.healthlincchc.org) has a rich history of community service and has developed a comprehensive network of primary care, specialty services and a unique array of non-traditional community services including:
- Optometry and vision care
- School-based mobile health clinics
- Behavioral Health Services
- College campus clinics
- School-based telehealth clinics
- Medical-Legal Partnership to serve low-income individuals with non-criminal civil legal aid problems.
- Mobile Integrated Response Teams to address the opioid crisis.
- Clinic-based Pharmacies
- Podiatry Services
- Chiropractic Services
- Reach Out and Read, an evidence-based model shown to build early literacy skills in children whose parents are served by HealthLinc Medical providers.
The high quality of HealthLinc's clinical care, its providers and support teams are evident by its achievement of NCQA Level 3 PCMH for all clinics and receiving 100% compliance in its most recent HRSA certification survey. HealthLinc also boasts Family Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Pharmacy residency programs and a certified Medical Assistant Training Program. HealthLinc is committed to strengthening its clinical, support and administrative infrastructure to promote continued innovation and growth.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer will:
- Work with Management & Staff to ensure desired results are achieved and that the resources are available to achieve these results.
- Develop departmental operational strategies and structure, ensure proper staffing, and that health centers are operating efficiently and effectively in ways consistent with HealthLinc's mission and values.
- Collaborate with the CMO and CDO to provide leadership for the development of policies & procedures to guide Center activities while ensuring consistent and high-quality care; through this collaboration will ensure all sites are engaging in activities designed to effectively improve the quality of care.
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure adequate information, business activities potential threats and opportunities are communicated with recommended actions to assist in fulfilling HealthLinc's mission and vision.
- Ensure compliance with all promulgated regulatory, FTCA, FQHC, state and Federal guidelines, and HealthLinc's code of conduct; will report all compliance problems in a timely fashion and ensure resolution has taken place while maintaining documentation.
- Take charge of high-priority crises of an operational nature and notify and report resolution to the CEO.
- Set and monitor performance goals tailored to each department, and ensure these goals are consistent with the Strategic Plan.
- Will act as a "sounding board" for department managers.
- Assist in determining resource allocation among departments;and have oversight of annual budgets to ensure adherence to each department's annual budget.
- Ensure all HealthLinc staff are committed to engaging in quality improvement initiatives that align with and support HealthLinc's Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Located in northwestern Indiana where the community lifestyle emphasizes family, outstanding schools and community safety and offers a diverse array of leisure activities. From hiking, biking, sailing, fishing, swimming, and camping along the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore to the excitement of big city culture and entertainment in Chicago; from civic, school, church, and community events to seasonal festivals; from national historical sites to local and regional museums; from local performing arts to regional theater - they've got it all. Add to that, welcoming neighbors and affordable living and you begin to get a picture of the place to be!
Successful candidates will:
- have a track record of demonstrating leadership skills that inspire, motivate, nurture, encourage, and develop people and systems that will continue to provide the very best care to clients throughout the region.
- possess a compassion for and commitment to the clients served.
- have a track record of being both visionary and entrepreneurial.
- have an ability to work effectively in complex clinical settings.
- possess an executive presence" in the senior leadership role of COO.
- have humility, humor, work ethic, and a demonstrated ability to work.as a leader who is accessible and visible to staff and external stakeholders.
- have experience in working in partnerships with community leaders, other healthcare organizations, and elected officials.
- have clearly demonstrable oral and written communications skills, combined with having excellent people skills.
- be committed to providing care of the highest quality while also possessing strong financial skills as part of being an effective leader in a financially secure organization.
- have demonstrated an ability to ensure the organization remains dynamic and responsive to changing times and needs.
- have a demonstrated commitment to the provision of quality care and compliance as a foundation of an organization.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience within community health systems.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field is required, and a Master's degree in HealthCare Management or Business is highly preferred.
If you are all these things, or know of someone who might be interested, please contact The Meyers Group to discuss this exciting career opportunity in a wonderful part of our country. Competitive compensation and benefits package offered. HealthLinc is an equal opportunity Employer.
Dr. Stuart I. Meyers, MBA, EdD
President, The Meyers Group
Executive Search Consultants
(301) 625-5600 X 1
Ronald W. Morton, MPA, CBHE
Vice President, The Meyers Group
Executive Search Consultants